The holidays are upon us! The joy and excitement of the season is often met with a mad dash. If you’re caught up in the December hustle and bustle, not to worry. We’ve already done the thinking for you in deciding what to get everyone on your list. In this holiday gift guide, we’ve rounded up thoughtful sets of presents that are sure to delight, no matter who you’re shopping for.
The Foodie: It can be tricky to find items that will impress and please the adventurous palate of a foodie. The following are perfect for those who love interesting and flavorful items. Tie up a fresh rosemary sprig with twine around your packaging for the perfect foodie finish.
- The herbal inclusions of oak, thyme, sage and wild summer flowers of the Keserwan Shouwen Valley make this single origin L’atelier du Miel Oak Shouwen Honey unique and a rare find.
- This Zejd Olive Oil is infused with rosemary, giving a woodsy twist to the traditional ingredient.
- The combination of piquant peppers and cooling mint in Hot Za’atar Mix by The Good Thymes gives just the right tangy-spicy kick to any meal.
The Busy Parent: Parents are often busy juggling a million things—including hungry stomachs. Pack up a basket that can fit in their vehicle with family necessities like bandages, sanitizing wipes, sunscreen, and snacks—lots of snacks.
- Raw Bites makes perfectly popped puff snacks. Parents will love the ingredient label of their Hawa Bites Peanut Butter Puffs and kids will love the classic flavor.
- These Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Biscuits made by Bites of Delight have a kid-favorite flavor and are perfect for little hands.
- Parents can reward little ones—and themselves—with Dark Chocolate Chip Vegan Oat Cookies by TAQA. A perfect pairing with a sippy cup of milk or mug of coffee.
The Host(ess) with the Most(est): Wanting to bring a little something for the host of your holiday gathering? They’ll love these items that they can immediately add to their bar or spread. You’ll definitely be invited back!
- You can’t go wrong with a great olive. AviSaine’s Green Olives are perfect for charcuterie boards or cocktails.
- Adonis Valley Orange Blossom Water is extracted from the petals of the orange tree. Use it to add bright flavors to cocktails and mocktails, or sprinkle a few drops to hot water for after-dinner “white coffee.”
- A fresh baguette and Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade by Zejd is the perfect snack to tame hungry guests before the meal is served.
The Friend On the Go: Don’t we all have that friend who is constantly zipping from here to there? You know, the one you’d vote “Most Likely to Forget to Eat Lunch.” This set of snacks will keep them fueled for their jam-packed days (oh, speaking of jam, click here).
- Our team member Malek insists you get a cashew and whole crunchy curry leaves in each bite when snacking on Kaaju’s Cashew with Curry Leaves to ensure the ultimate noshing experience.
- Perfect to keep in the car or throw in a handbag, TAQA’s Coconut Lemon Bars are filled with fresh, zesty flavor from shredded coconut, lemon zest, sweet dates, and cashews.
- Gluten-free and seasoned with savory flavor, the Thyme & Sesame Corn Chips by Drayke are delicious on their own or with a favorite dip.
The Self Care Connoisseur: Always in the market for luxurious products to pamper themselves with, this person on your list will love the benefits of these olive-oil based beauty and spa items. A nail polish, lip balm, or candle can be the cherry on top of this gift.
- In a variety of scents such as lavender, mint, and rosemary, both Salma and Saboun Baladi make high-quality, plant-based soaps.
- To fend off dry winter skin, gift this silky Sweet Almond Hand & Body Lotion by Salma.
- Too many great options to decide? Order this pouch set for a sample of shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion from Salma. All featuring the rich, sweet scent of jasmine.
The Home Chef: If you’re wondering what to get your self-proclaimed Chef de Cuisine, look no further than these kitchen must-haves. They’ll appreciate the premium quality you’ll supply to their pantry. Use an apron as the “wrapping paper” for a creative and environmentally-friendly touch.
- j.Grove Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Because EVOO is a staple. We don’t need to say anymore (but, if we did, we’d tell you it’s cold-extracted within hours of being harvested, unfiltered, and made from only select olive varieties in Southern Lebanon).
- We’d be remiss to not include traditional za’atar on this list! Organic Lebanese Oregano Mix from Adonis Valley is made with Lebanese wild oregano (za'atar) and sumac. The herbs are carefully dried and then mixed with roasted sesame to form this classic Lebanese blend.
- Do they love to bake? Adding AviSaine Rose Water to desserts gives a light botanical flavor that makes home baked goods extra special.
The Health Nut: While all products supplied by Za’atar Road are wholesome and healthful, we think the health nuts on your list will especially love these picks. Include a “coupon” redeemable for a stroll in the park so you two can spend time together being active.
- Rich in antioxidants and digestive properties, this Herbal Tea made by The Good Thymes features za'atar, chamomile, roses, rosemary, cinnamon, and more.
- Carob Molasses from j.Grove is a pure, natural sweetener made straight from carob pods. There’s no sugar, artificial colors or flavors, additives, or preservatives. Plus, it’s suitable for vegans.
- Packed full of nutritive benefits, such as fiber and protein, sesame butter, like this variety from Eshmoon Holistics is perfect for spreading on breads, adding to smoothies, or creating dips for your favorite veggies.
The Sweet Tooth: Rounding out our holiday gift guide are recommendations with a sweet side for the chocoholic in your life. Maybe this is the gift you save just for you!
- The Dark Honey Nougat Original from L’atelier du Miel is made with 33% Lebanese citrus natural honey, 33% dark Belgian chocolate, and 33% white Belgian chocolate. Perfect for the nougat connoisseur. Bonus: the packaging is lovely!
- Celine Homemade Delights makes delectable halawa. Made with hazelnuts and cocoa powder, their Halawa Chocolate is a traditional Middle Eastern confection that’s a delicious complement to breads and granola.
- Eshmoon Holistics provides a healthier alternative to sugary hot cocoas. This organic, dairy-free instant hot chocolate mix is made with cacao powder, coconut milk, grape molasses, and vanilla.
Don’t forget that your purchases really are gifts that keep on giving. Our CEO, Maya, has committed to donating 1% of Za’atar Road revenues to support artisans in the Levant through educational and seed funding programs, spreading hope and cheer all year round. Happy holidays from all of us at Za’atar Road!