Have you heard of the Veganuary Challenge? This movement created by the UK organization, Veganuary, inspires people across the globe to participate in a plant-based lifestyle during the month of January, and hopefully beyond. They also strive to encourage businesses to promote their vegan offerings, such as menu items at restaurants. According to the organization, more than 500,000 people took the pledge to try a vegan diet, while more than 825 new vegan products and menu options were launched in their key campaign countries in 2021.
There are many reasons to choose veganism (or dabble in flexitarian or reductarian diets) with top concerns being health, ethical, and environmental. Flexitarian and reductarian diets focus on vegetarian and vegan eating, while not entirely eliminating animal products. Flexitarians are interested in increasing their intake of plant-based foods, which often leads to vegetarian and vegan meals where fruits and vegetables are the stars of the plate. Reductarianism is making a conscience effort to cut down on animal product consumption. Whether you go “all in” for 31 days or take a less-strict approach, January is the perfect time to give vegan eating a go. With the refreshed spirit of a new year, you’ll be ready to tackle the challenge. Chances are you’ll discover new favorite products and recipes as you explore vegan eating that you can carry with you all year long.
We’re proud to carry many vegan products sold at Za’atar Road. Almost all our suppliers purposefully or naturally steer clear of animal products. We’ve got you covered when it comes to vegan sweet and salty snacking, pantry staples, and bath products. Learn more about each of these unique brands:
- Adonis Valley focuses on organic recipes of traditional Mediterranean specialty foods and all their goods found on Za’atar Road are free of animal products.
- AviSaine items in our store are perfect for the pantry and all plant-based.
- Bites of Delight is a brand committed to providing vegan and gluten-free foods. They have savory and sweet items to meet all your cravings.
- Drayké’s gluten-free, 100% cornbread tostadas are made in North Lebanon and are free of animal products. Scoop up hummus, guacamole, black bean, or other vegan dips with these corn chips.
- Eshmoon’s product line is made of clean ingredients and almost entirely vegan.
- House of Zejd’s variety of products all begin with the Mediterranean Souri olive and naturally don’t contain any animal bi-products.
- j.Grove staples found at Za’atar Road include plant-based carob molasses, olive oil, and za’atar.
- Kaaju is all about unconventional flavors for their nut snacks that are 100% natural, paleo-friendly, small batch and vegan.
- Saboun Baladi makes handmade, natural soap from nourishing, pure olive oil.
- Salma Beauty creates cruelty-free, plant-based body care products that celebrate the natural bounty of Lebanon.
- TAQA creates healthy cookies and energy bars made with plant-based Mediterranean ingredients. Each product is natural, vegan, wheat free, yeast free, palm oil free, corn free, soy free, and GMO free!
- The Good Thymes carries a variety of za’atar mixes and teas straight from the soil.
With options as delicious as these, the Veganuary challenge should be a piece of vegan cake. Which item will you try first?